Do you need to block off an entrance to a wide staircase? Or, looking for a barrier to an oversized doorway? This Muchkin Easy-Close XL baby gate is designed specifically for these extra-wide applications. This model is our top-ranked baby gate for doorways and stairs.
- Measures: 36" tall and 29.5" - 51.6" wide with the included (1) 2.75", (1) 5.5" and...
- Pressure mounted installation; includes hardware option for added safety
- Door locks easily with simple push to close feature. latex-free.
Not all safety gates are created equal. This Munchkin extra-wide metal baby gate is designed to create a strong barrier for doorways, passageways, top of stairs and bottom of stairs installations.
The metal frame construction is super strong. The locking operation mechanism is conveniently designed for busy adults.
Imagine you are a busy parent with a bassinet in one hand and a diaper bag hanging on your shoulder. You will appreciate the extra-wide opening as you walk through the door, right?
It doesn’t matter how awesome this baby gate is if it doesn’t fit your intended application. So, please take some measurements and make sure this is the right gate for you before you make your purchase.
- Height: 36 inches.
- Minimum installation width: 29.5 inches.
- Maximum installation width: 51.6 inches.
- Walkthrough width: 22 inches.
- Weight: 22.7 pounds.
- Material: steel.
- Number of wall cups: 4.
- Included extensions: 1 x 2.75″, 1 x 5.5″, 1 x 11″.
- Age of child: 6 to 24 months.
Model: Munchkin Easy-Close XL tall and wide baby gate
Mounting type: Pressure-mount with hardware included for wall-mount option.
- Great for gating off doorways.
- Suitable for the top of a stairway.
- Suitable for the bottom of a stairway.
- Accommodates extra-wide passageways up to 54″ with the purchase of additional extensions.
The Munchkin Easy Close XL is more than just a rugged and versatile baby gate. It’s equipped with all the smart safety features you’ll need to secure some peace of mind, and it’s easy to install to boot.
The Munchkin Easy-Close XL includes three extension panels: one 2.75″, one 5.5″ and one 11″. They can be used to expand the installed width of the safety gate.
With primarily steel construction and extra tall height, this Munchkin earns one of the highest safety standards in the market.
Speaking of safety and installation, this is a pressure-mount baby gate.
You have the option to use the hardware and screws included for wall-mount application for the top of stairs installation.
Tools for your hardware-mount installation: wall anchor (x4), wall screw (x4), wrench. wall cup and round sticky pad (x4)
- Extra-wide gate that is suitable for creating barriers in a variety of applications.
- Includes three extension panels so that you can set the width correctly for your household.
- Double-locking mechanism is easy for adults to open but difficult for children to unlock.
- The optional third lock allows you to control which way the door opens, which makes it great for mounting at stairways.
- Can be locked shut completely so that the door doesn’t open at all.
- Extra-wide walk through doors stay open for ease when your arms are full.
- Steel construction with four pressure mount cups and the option for hardware mounting for superior security.
- Push-to-close feature ensures that the door locks when it swings shut.
- Suitable for children age 6-24 months old.
- The easy-to-close door is not an auto-close door.
- The latch can get stuck making it more difficult to open.
- Improper installation may necessitate re-tightening of the pressure pads.
TIn terms of build and design, the Munchkin easy-close tall-and-wide XL Baby Gate (view on Amazon) gets 10 out of 10 for our top quality score. The steel construction is solid. The panel-design is smart and flexible. The extra-wide opening is most helpful to busy parents like us.
We also like the double-locking system. A smart and excellent safety feature – easy for an adult to operate, difficult for a child to open.
This Munchkin locks easily with a push to close mechanism. Note: this easy-to-close feature is convenient to use, but it is not an auto-close gate.
We also like the flexibility to set the door to open to the right or left.
This Munchkin extra-wide baby gate with easy-close door takes the number one spot in our best overall baby gate. It is ideal for an extra-wide 22″ walk-through – you get easy in-and-out access. It is suitable for doorways, hallways, top of stairs and bottom of stairs installation.
Check out our top-rated list of baby gates for uneven walls and large areas.